I just recently started to use a Windows phone, a Nokia Lumia 830. It is running Windows Phone 8.1 and is quite different from the Android world i am used to.
As we all know, Android has a great app store. Windows Phone, not so much. To give you an idea of how behind the Windows Phone app store is, the Instagram app is a Beta version.
Since the Windows Phone is somewhat behind in regards to apps, i was not totally surprised that there was not a WordPress app to be had, at least one that is similar to the Android app.
As usual, curiosity got the better of me and i started to do a little research. What i came across in terms of information about the WordPress app, was somewhat disappointing. Apparently, the app was taken off the store “shelf” and if you do a search for it on your phone, indeed it is not there to be had.
But….. i did not give up.
I did some more digging and i was able to find the app in the Windows Phone store. Here is the link:
Keep in mind that this app has not been updated since 2013, but it still does work.
Here is how you get the app:
– Go to the link above and then login to the widows phone store with the same Microsoft account you used to set up your phone.
– Click “install”
– The store will then try to contact your phone to install the app.
– If the store cannot contact your phone, it will send an email (to the email you used for your Microsoft account) to you.
– Once you get the email on your phone, all you have to do is click on the link within the email that was sent.
– After you click on the link, the app installs on your phone.
As i said at the beginning, i have a Lumia 830 running Windows Phone 8.1 and the app works. However, don’t expect it to be as sleek as the Android app. After all, it is 2 years old.
Thanks for looking.
© d7100shooter.wordpress.com, All Rights Reserved